MAKE A SHOW PROPOSAL
PROPOSE AN EXHIBITION
The ASU Herberger Institute School of Art galleries accepts proposals for exhibitions in Step Gallery, Harry Wood Gallery and Gallery 100 twice a year towards the end of the semester. All proposals are reviewed and the ASU school of art committee makes the final decisions concerning show proposals.
Exhibitions are scheduled weekly or bi-weekly during the semester. While exhibitors may request a specific space, successful proposals are generally placed in the most suitable space.
ALL SUBMISSIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO: ASUgallerysubmissions@gmail.com
ASU has rolling submissions with dealines for review after November 15 thand April 15th.
DIGITAL APPLICATION PROCESS
Submit a digital packet to the Galleries Director at ASUgallerysubmissions@gmail.com with the following 3 things:
- A clearly articulated statement about the central idea of the exhibition.
- Resonance between works in the exhibition and the exhibition theme.
- Profession presentation of materials that take into condsideration the suitability for venue.
START WITH A COVER SHEET
Cover sheet should includes your name and contact information including e-mail and phone number.
In the case of group exhibitions there should be a single lead contact person.
COMPOSE A PROPOSAL NARRATIVE
The Proposal Narrative should be 1-3 pages detailing the proposed theme and contents of the exhibition including:
- An exhibition title
- A list of exhibitors/artists
- Why the works are being exhibited together in terms of theme or content
- The artistic, social and cultural implications of the exhibition
- How the exhibition fits with the mission of the School of Art Galleries and the ASU community
- Types of media represented with images and how they relate to each other
- If the artists have already been selected, or if there will need to be an open call for work
- How the gallery space will be used
- Any other events that can be held in conjunction with the exhibition such as artist talks, lectures, etc.
MAKE SURE TO LABEL THE WORK AND SIZE THE IMAGES CORRECTLY
- Please submit all proposal documents in a single PDF document.
- Images may be submitted separately in low resolution jpegs (72 dpi, 400 x 600, labeled, LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_01, etc.)
- Proposals will not go forward with the committee until they are complete.
RULES, REGULATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
If the proposal is accepted no changes may be made to the content theme or title of the show without expressed permission of the gallery committee.
There is a $25 fee after the show has been accepted that must be paid prior to installation.
Each exhibitor is expected to abide by the gallery guidelines and procedures which will be provided after a proposal has been approved.
Each artist is expected to plan and install their exhibition, provide simple refreshments and oversee the de-install and restoration of the gallery to its original condition as well as work with the Galleries Director to meet promotional deadlines for the School of Art website.