Artlink / Phoenix Urban Guide (PUG)
Artlink and PUG are key contributors in helping to promote ASU in the Phoenix Area.
Both organizations currently cater to the Phoenix audience only and are great partners for GSS. As such, only GSS events can be promoted on PUG and Artlink, but not Tempe campus events.
While ASU only registers its GSS Galleries, ASU Students and Student Areas are encouraged to register as this makes more "active dots" on the artlink map and trolley routes which help to represent the broad range of activities going on at GSS especially during Open Studios events, Ceramics Tour weekend, etc.
While this is entirely voluntary for ASU students, the fee to join is nominal and participating with Artlink and PUG is highly encouraged since they help promote GSS events every 1st and 3rd Friday by sending art patrons on the trolly route over to Warehouse District free of charge. Also, there are great benefits to joining which are listed below.
Joining Artlink has these benefits for Artists:
The Visual Artist category is for individual artists working in and/or contributing to the downtown Phoenix arts scene.
This category of Articipant benefits includes:
- An account on Phoenix Urban Guide, a powerful database of information that allows Articipants to upload an artist statement, bio, images and accomplishments and links to social media and website. This information is then reflected on the following pages of Artlinkphx.org:
- Artlink Articipant Directory – your featured image can be changed at any time.
- Artist Activity page – a NEW webpage that promotes recent artist activity as provided by the artists themselves. This page is closely monitored by Artlink admins, who will promote this activity on Artlink social media networks.
- Listed on the official Art Detour map (if studio is in the downtown/central Phoenix area (as seen on this map and identified as open to the public)
- Eligible to apply to the Artlink Annual Juried Exhibition ($30 submission fee waived)
- Eligible to apply to Artlink calls to artists and pop-up exhibitions ($30 submission fees waived)
- Two (2) tickets to the Art d’Core Gala ($20 value)
- Invitation to Articipant-only networking events
- Subscription to The ArtBoard Articipant newsletter (twice monthly)
- Promotion through Artlink social media
- Other promotional opportunities throughout the year
How to sign up to Artlink / Artlink Benefits
How to update PUG
How to add events to the PUG Calendar
How to registar an account with PUG
"Join us on the First Friday of every month from 6-10 p.m. for one of the nation's largest, self-guided art walks. Tour more than 70 galleries, venues and art-related spaces to see a variety of artwork and to enjoy the spirit and culture of the city. Visitors are invited to hop-on/hop-off free shuttles that circulate on three routes through downtown Phoenix's arts districts. The shuttles meet at a connector hub at Arizona Center, and you can also catch the shuttles at any of the stops along the routes including Phoenix Art Museum, CityScape, Oasis on Grand and Unexpected Gallery." - Visit Phoenix
"Artlink is one of the oldest 501-C-3 non-profits in Downtown Phoenix. These are the minds originally behind the First Friday artwalk that has become a cultural staple of Phoenix." - Jeff Putnam
"The Step Gallery at Grant Street Studios is really an artistic marvel in and of itself. In a converted warehouse just south of the Downtown Core... (you can also find) the Bentley Gallery (which) features gorgeous museum-quality exhibits in a variety of mediums." - Fara Illich
"Hosted by local nonprofit Artlink Phoenix, Art Detour returns... with exclusive opportunities to explore artists’ studio spaces, visit galleries, witness live painting and so much more. Artlink is providing complimentary shuttles at various times Thursday-Sunday. For a complete schedule of Art Detour events visit the website." - Lauren Potter DTPHX
"Artlink began promoting the monthly First Fridays art walk, which has grown to become one of the largest monthly art walks in the United States. With many venues open free to the public each month, First Fridays has succeeded in bringing people back to downtown Phoenix. The event sees anywhere from 14-20,000 visitors monthly and grows each year." - Artlink